To assure proper rest and care for inpatients, visitors and visiting hours are limited as follows:
- No more than two visitors should be present in any patient room at one time
- Regular visiting hours begin at 10am and end at 8pm
- For patients admitted for surgery visiting hours are from 7am to 8pm on the day of surgery and only one visitor is allowed in the surgical pre and post operative areas
- Visiting privileges may be restricted when the patient’s condition warrants it, or when the attending physician or the patient requests it
- In the Intensive Care Unit, visitors are limited to two persons on the half hour from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors under the age of 12 are restricted to the hospital lobby and must be accompanied by an adult
- In order to visit any nursing unit, all visitors must be free of the following symptoms:
- sore throat
- runny nose
The Director of Nursing, the unit manager or the charge nurse can and will make exceptions to the stated and posted visiting hours on a case by case basis.